Welcome to Thindex – your guide to better health and life.
This website is a little off–the–wall (like all of us, maybe). I'm not
trying to sell you anything, and I'm not trying to collect information
The purpose of this website is simply to help you improve your health
and, ultimately, the quality of your life and eventual destiny.
No hidden agenda.
This website is my push to get you to change
So, come on into the lodge and feel free to browse around for a bit. I
hope that you find the information helpful.
Joseph R. McFarland MD
What you can find in the Lodge:
- Diet and exercise news, including videos from health experts like Bill Harris with a nice summary on a healthy diet and Dr. Esselstyn who has diet advice than can reverse arteriosclerosis
- Thindex – a calculator that gives you a health "number" so you know how you stand compared to others
- Health Steps – which take you through the mental and physical alterations necessary to achieve your true destiny
- Dr. Joe's blog – my thoughts on a variety of health topics
- Rose of the Day – a unique approach to help you become more fit
- Blog for kids – my dog, Casey, talks to kids about all kinds of topics, from the environment and climate change to tools to get them through life's tough times
- Library – an extensive collection of books that can change your life
Where do I start?
Thindex is an easy going website, focusing on your health improvement. Getting healthier isn't complicated or expensive. If you do it without outside help you will have a much better chance for permanent lifetime success.
- step one: Click on "Calculate my thindex". Enter the data requested. You will need an accurate time that it takes for you to walk or run a mile to get the complete data for your thindex. The dot between the green and red lines is where you fit in to your age group. Hanging close to the green line is where you want to be. Below zero is not good unless you are very old. Most Americans will be below zero.
- Step two: Use the information from Step one to make a decision about improving your health and destiny from this moment on.
- Step three: Cruise around the website and check a few of my blogs, the videos, the guest lecturers, pollution and diet news. Also check the rose of the day and Casey's Corner for kids.
- Step four: You can use this site and the 9 health steps to move yourself towards better health. Or you can do your own thing and check your progress with our calculator.
This site is put together by Joseph McFarland MD. As an Orthopedic Surgeon, I have seen some nasty wounds over the last 40 years. I have never seen wounds as bad as what we Americans are doing to ourselves by eating unhealthy foods and not getting nearly enough exercise. These wounds can heal if you reverse the cause. The information you need is all here and it is all free.
Health Steps: There are 9 progressive health steps that ease you slowly towards better health.
Blogs: A variety of health topics
Guest speakers: Talks by a variety of diet experts
Recommended reading: Diet and exercise books in which we believe.
Rose of the day: Daily rose with comments that you can mail to friends or enemies, telling them how you are doing.
Casey's corner: Pollution and general advice for young kids.
Why pick on soda pop as the first thing to eliminate as you go through the health steps?
- It's harmful to the body in many ways
- It's not helpful to you in any way
- It creates trash
- It costs you money
Look up Sylvia Booth Hubbard – soda. She lists an even longer list of soda pop related problems. "Thirteen new ways colas ruin your health" (protected)
Potatoes are a good starch source but when overheated above boiling produce acrylamide , a known carcinogen. These products are oversalted and some still contain trans fats which cause arteriosclerosis.
- These products are harmful to your body
- They encourage obesity
- They have almost no food value in comparison with healthy foods